We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(5) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.